Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

New DCU #2 reviews

Just a quick recap of The DCU now that I've read most of the #2s. Honestly, Captain Atom, Voodoo, Men of War, and Dark Knight I couldn't even bring myself to read the second issues, so.. yeah I skipped those. After reading the #2s, I pretty much stand by my earlier assessments. Certainly nothing got vastly better.. a couple of things got worse. The only thing I did like was that it is implied that Jason Todd, Roy Harper, and Kory had a threesome that got a little wiggy for Roy and Kory. I think Roy and Jason did stuff together, but the actual issue was crap. What I liked the first time or was cool with the first time that I didn't like this time?

Wonder Woman - This issue totally lost me. The Amazons are wearing loin clothes and Diana continues to be cold and aloof. The story is still decent, but I don't care enough to read about this character anymore.

Savage Hawkman - Yeah, definitely like this considerably less. It just didn't live up to it's earlier potential.

New Guardians - Gotten even crappier. It really, really went down hill to the point where I don't want to read it anymore.

I, Vampire - Just not enjoying it. It's a decent title, but it's not for me.

Oh and the new minis? All pretty damn good. Penguin, Huntress, and Legion Secret Origins are all pretty solid. I couldn't get into Batman Odyssey. It seemed a little kooky and crazy, but I DEFINITELY recommend getting the two Levitz minis.. Huntress and Legion of Superheroes: Secret Origins. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment