Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DC Relaunch: The Next Generation

Legion Lost - Ok, they're breaking the Legion up.. Fine, I guess. Dawnstar, Wildfire, Chameleon Girl, Tellus, Gates, Invisible Kid II(?) and Timber Wolf on a team together. OK. I am just not sure about this title. I don't know why they're taking a portion of the Legion away and it does bother me that Levitz isn't handling it, which means Legion Lost can go nuts. I'll definitely be buying this, I'm just not sure I'm excited about it. I've never been a fan of Gates and if he's whining for the entire time, it'll DEFINITELY get old fast. I love the other characters though, so it could be good, but the Legion in the past hasn't worked out very well in the past and didn't the Legion just save the future during the Lightening Saga/New Krypton? Yeah..

Legion of Super-Heroes - I saw Legion Lost first, which totally shouldn't have been first. THIS should have been first. I cursed DC all up and down when I saw Legion Lost (at first I thought it was a new Legion.. the art is difficult to tell). Of course, I'm over the top enthusiastic about this title. I love Levitz, I love the Legion and well.. it looks like as with a good portion of the "relaunch" to be a continuation of the current Legion title, which is fine by me. If it isn't broken (and considering this has probably been one of the most popular Legion series in a LONG TIME), don't fix it!

Teen Titans - the cover has me so interested. It looks like they're retooling Bart and Cassie, which mildly annoys me, but I like the costumes and I like the changes. I love that Kon-El has a Superman "tat" now. I dig the cover, though the chick on the ground is creepy and she reminds me too much of Wolverine. I have a feeling she's going to be our typical crazed feral member. I wish they'd come up with a better codename for Tim than Red Robin, but the costume is pretty freaking awesome, so I will forgive this. This will be the first Teen Titans comic I'll be buying since the teen Titans relaunched all those moons ago.

Static Shock - Well.. I've never been a fan of this character. I hated his TV show, I tried reading his comic but Milestone struck me as reverse racism. All the white people are evil and the minorities are good? And of course, the only white person on any team has to be a lesbian just to make it ok. I personally want minority heroes to stand on their own in a mixed world, not just in a world of minorities. So on to Static, well.. they've apparently taken out the fact that he has Static powers and gone straight to electric abilities, which is fine I guess, but it was interesting that he flew on a disc. The costume is hideous and well given the fact that we have Jakeem Thunder in the DCU, whom I think of as the same character as Static, I just don't understand why we need both. That's just me. I'm skipping this title obviously.

Hawk and Dove - OK I saw this, I got SUPER excited. I've been enjoying Hawk and Dove in Birds of Prey and Sterling Gates is writing it, so that peeked my interest. Then I saw Rob Liefeld is the artist. DC are you TRYING to kill this comic? SERIOUSLY? Rob Liefeld is by far one of the WORST artists in comics today and he's going to take AWAY from Gates's writing the same way he did with Gail Simone's run on Teen Titans. Hopefully he won't be able to keep it up and we'll get a new artist relatively quick or this title is dead in the water and that makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment