Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

DC Relaunch SuperFamily

Action Comics - So Grant Morrison is taking over as the scribe for Superman for a bit. Normally I'd run in the other direction from Grant Morrison, but his All-Star Superman was OK despite some really stupid things like the Willy Wonka of Science in his Technicolor Dream coat. Other than that, I'm interested. I'll definitely be picking up the first issue. I think this will be a comic that people will want so badly.

Superman, Man of Tomorrow - Um, yeah. I love George Perez and I'd like to see what they're gonna do with Supes to make him interesting and relevant, but I don't think I can get past that HIDEOUS costume. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. It's hideous and he doesn't need armored footies. He's indestructible!

Supergirl - I like the new cape, but the costume as a whole is a little blah. I like the concept of Supergirl being different than Superman somehow, but this is pretty much the same Supergirl we saw and finally got rid of to get a Supergirl with personality. Add to the fact that we've got Smallville writers on this, yeah I'm going to look at this title, but I'm probably not buying it. I was really excited to see it, but re-reading it and looking at it again? I'm not adding it to my def list.

Superboy - You'd think because I was interested in Teen Titans, I'd pick up this one. Yeah, not going to happen. I like the cover, but that's about it. I like Kon-El, but I've never really dug his solo title except when he was mixing it up with Cassandra Cain. Their chemistry was AMAZING to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment