Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

DC relaunch the Bat-Titles (or rather the massive 12 issue line up)

Detective Comics, Batman, Batman and Robin, and Dark Knight - Forgive me for lumping these 4 titles together, but I do not see how you cannot. No other character is getting 4 titles and well it's all about Bruce. They'll sell because Batman sells. Honestly, all that's really happened is that they've got new numbering and the regular switch of artist/writer. There really is nothing bold and new about this at all except that Bruce will have to deal with his own brat for a bit.

Batwoman - the long awaited title is finally comes to life. I've made it rather clear I'm not a fan of Kate Kane. I wish the team the best, but I have no desire to read this comic. It will sell like crazy since straight boys like lesbians, but this is not a surprise to anyone.

Batgirl - I've stated my opinions on this title already. The few rabid fans will be excited and happy and it has a good staff, but it's pissed off a lot of fans, so..

Catwoman - Selina is back in her own title. Yeah! Then Judd Winick is writing it, so.. that means Selina will be having sex with everyone and anyone for countless issues. Are we thrilled? Not particularly. Look I love Selina, but this team is a horrible idea. Selina's title will sell and it will hopefully survive the initial bad writing. Then again, some people absolutely love Winick.

Birds of Prey - New writer, that I don't know all that much about, new team that looks interesting except for the hideous Black Canary costume.. this could be a great comic. I'm on a wait and see on this one. I'm going to collect it, going to read it, but the actual series is all about the writing and how well Canary, Ivy, and the other two that nobody is 100% sure who they are. Like I said, this title can be a great comic or a failure. Let's hope for Dinah's sake that it is a solid title.

Nightwing - Dick Grayson is back as Nightwing! That's the good news. The Bad news? His costume looks evil and menacing. I hate his red eyes. I just hate that. The cover is very red. It'll be interesting to see Bruce, Damien, Selina, Kate, and Dick all running around in Gotham. I think it'd be HILARIOUS to see them all on the same case and stepping all over each other.

Red Hood and the Outlaws - Hate Jason Todd, hate Red Hood. I still do not understand how Under the Red Hood was a huge success. Jason so angry that Bruce broke up with him was gaggy and crappy. I honestly cannot stand it. I'm glad to see Roy has both his arms back and Starfire is on this team. I'm sure Jason Todd and Kory are going to hook up just to make it work. Yeah! This looks like a really bad attempt at Outsiders. I'm totally skipping.

Bat-Mite - I don't understand this. I'd have much rather seen Orpheus get his own title. This character has only appeared what two times and he's suddenly popular enough to get his own title? I don't understand that at all. I also don't know how well this will sell completely separated from the rest of the DCU. Maybe he could have appeared in JLI instead? I want to say this will fail, but it's a Bat-title, so.. it'll be strangely popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment